Deadline May 1, 2016
WellFort is recruiting full-time Medical Office Assistants!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provides in person and telephone reception for clients, staff and visitors
- Performs tasks related to advanced access, such as cycle times, TNA, supply and demand
- Performs tasks related to panel management and quality improvement initiatives
- Manages waiting room, client’s needs and maintains a safe and welcoming environment
- Books appointments, downloads results, completes referrals, and maintains electronic health records
- Performs administrative duties such as scanning, scheduling, flyers, letters and data collection
- Performs clinical duties such as weights, measures and urine testing
- A certificate or diploma in Medical Office Administration or a related field
- Minimum two years experience working in a community based health setting
- Proficiency with computers and various software programs including EMR
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Fluency with languages relevant to residents of Peel
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
Forward your resume and cover letter by May 1, 2016 to [email protected]. Quote “MOA WellFort” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Successful candidates will be contacted.