Richmond Hill, Ontario
Deadline May 16, 2016
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable.
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Statistical Data Analyst #19005
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Child and Family Health Division
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 17.5; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
Temporary Part-Time, Approx. 3 months, Salary $37.92 - $41.22 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Child and Family Health is responsible for creating, generating and analyzing reports and data; ensuring existing databases and upgrades are fulfilling data governance requirements; collecting, analyzing data and metrics, and interpreting, summarizing, creating and maintaining statistical data files; building reports and dashboards specific to business areas and reporting on trends and results; and coordinating system enhancements/upgrades and ensuring data integrity.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Business Administration, Health Informatics, Information Management/Communications or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in extracting, analyzing and reporting data generated from information/compliant tracking systems, and writing experience that includes creating/synthesizing technical documentation.
- Demonstrated skills establishing, maintaining and producing complex databases/spreadsheets including current experience with database design, report generation and modifications.
- Recent demonstrated ability to set up detailed reports, tables and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to interpret and reconcile complex statistical reports.
- Strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
- Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications at an advanced level, including the design and maintenance of databases/spreadsheets and applicable software programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by May 16, 2016, quoting competition #19005. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.