Deadline May 16, 2016
An Accredited Health Unit Since 1990
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has an opening for a permanent Public Health Nutritionist. This is a full-time, non-union, permanent status position starting May 30, 2016. This position will be based in either our Brockville or Smith Falls Office and sits within our Healthy Living and Development Department. Visit http://www.healthunit.org to learn more about us.
The public health nutritionist provides leadership and expertise in the identification of community nutrition needs and the planning, implementation and evaluation of nutrition activities. The nutritionist provides consultative services to both health unit staff and the community as well as direct services to clients. This position reports to the Manager in the Healthy Living and Development Department.
- Baccalaureate degree from a Canadian University with a major course of study in foods and nutrition;
- Masters degree in a nutrition related field;
- Current membership in the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Knowledge and skill in health promotion and prevention of illness strategies;
- Relevant community or public health nutrition experience;
- Experience/interest in working with at-risk clients;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Independent, flexible and organized;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interagency team and with other professionals, volunteers and interest groups;
- Own transportation and current driver’s licence;
- Criminal record check;
- Up-to-date immunization including annual influenza.
Salary Range: $65,512 to $76,861 Annual (1.0 FTE), plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply by: Please submit your resume with covering letter detailing how you meet the required qualifications by 4:30 pm on May 16, 2016.
Send to: email@example.com
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our agency; please note that we will only contact candidates selected for an interview.