No deadline noted
Our client, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.
You are an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) with a background in risk or general management. You have an analytic mind and demonstrated ability to diffuse emotional situations. If this is you, consider joining the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario as an Investigator. In this role, you will resolve complaints with respect to the practice, conduct or capacity of physicians and surgeons in Ontario, with a focus on complaints relating to clinical practice.
As part of the investigative process, you will identify, obtain and analyze relevant information and documents, including hospital and office records, reports, statements, and transcripts. You will conduct interviews and take statements from parties and witnesses and explain College policies to all parties as required.
You will maintain communication with relevant parties and legal counsel throughout the investigative process. You will assess complaints for resolution when appropriate and prepare and deliver investigative reports both verbally and in writing to committees and colleagues.
- A Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- A university degree with a minimum of eight (8) years of hospital and /or community nursing
- A background in risk or general management is preferred
- Self-directed with ability to manage complex and competing priorities
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Proficient in Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 with strong keyboarding skills
- Familiarity with quality principles and strategies, and working knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 is considered an asset
- French language skills considered a strong asset
The College offers a flexible 35-hour week and is located at 80 College St., Toronto, ON.
To apply, forward your cover letter and resume in one Word or .pdf file to [email protected].
Please note that applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
HR Associates is the exclusive search partner to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
Please visit us at http://www.hrassociates.ca.