Deadline May 22, 2016
WellFort is seeking two Health Promoters to work in health centres!
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We seek individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Develop and implement health promotion activities within and external to the organization.
- With stakeholders identify the barriers to accessing health care and the population health needs of local residents
- Develop, implement and maintain quality improvement initiatives
- Conduct focus groups, surveys (client and community) and CDSM groups
- Communications such as educational materials, newsletters, press releases, and annual reports
- Develop and implement tools related to health literacy, promotion and outreach.
- Engage in advocacy and research related to the determinants of health
- Program evaluation and community initiatives relevant to broad issues that affect health
- Masters degree in a relevant discipline
- Four (4) years’ experience implementing of health promotion principles and strategies in a community based health care setting.
- Excellent communication skills, experience with report writing, program plans, funding proposals, newsletters, research and creating flyers
- Demonstrated experience in group facilitation, policy analysis and project management
- Knowledge of quality improvement methods and strategies
- An advanced understanding and critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, various software applications and social media
- Languages relevant to Region of Peel residents a definite asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace, committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made anytime providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted. In order to support accessible service delivery, shared care and operating hours the position includes evening and weekend work.
Salary: $51,641-$62,219 plus benefits package
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter by May 22nd, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “HP WellFort” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we request no phone calls.