Deadline May 27, 2016
Reporting to the Executive Director, the position will primarily support the Youth Advisory Council of PCYI. Where required, the position will also assist the Manager of Success by 6 Peel, the Communications Manager, Community Planner, Research Manager, Project Consultants and Contract staff as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- Experience working with a Youth group and/or volunteering with youth.
- A genuine passion for working with young people
- Ability to use all basic software including Microsoft office; excel; power point; etc.
- Experience using social media to interact with youth and community members
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills
- A self-starter who can work independently but is committed to team work
- Strong time management / project management skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The work of the Youth Engagement Coordinator involves a wide range of duties and responsibilities, including:
- Recruit, develop and provide professional staff report to the PCYI Youth Advisory Committee (12-15 members)
- Enable and engage youth to provide input and direction to PYCI initiatives as required,
- Support and mentor the three Board of Director Youth Members,
- Planning and delivery of an annual Youth Leadership Conference
- Support ongoing methods to regularly consult with youth
- Attend PCYI Board of Directors meetings as required,
- Support the research work on youth issues, including focus group input, social media and other consultation methods, as appropriate,
- Provide updates/reports as required
- Represent PCYI at various community events and external committees as requested,
- Attend and support PCYI functions, as necessary,
- Other duties as shall be assigned from time to time
Hours of Work: The hours of work in this position are driven by the availability of youth participants and generally happen outside standard business hours. As a .5 position the expectation is 18/19 hours a week dispersed as needed. Any hours beyond the weekly expectation can be taken in lieu time with the consent of the Executive Director.
Salary: The half time position has a starting salary of $24k annually plus allowable expenses.
PCYI is committed to diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume with an appropriate cover letter via email no later than Friday, May 27th, 2016, 5:00 p.m. to Andrea Lue, Executive Assistant [email protected].
PCYI appreciates all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.