November 17, 2016
9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Club Lentinas, 250 National Road
Register now for the 5th annual Chatham-Kent Addictions Awareness Conference: Society and the Garden of Addiction: Digging up Roots. This conference will provide ongoing education to service providers and community members alike in regards to the realm of addictions. By peeling back the layers of addiction, participants gain valuable insights into its various root causes.
This year’s speakers include Dr. Benedikt Fischer and Molly Bannerman.
Dr. Benedikt Fischer
- Recognize the implications of policy and programming
- Understanding the determinants, dynamics and consequences of substance use
- How to approach the legalization of marijuana and develop policy
- Understand the lower risk cannabis use guidelines
- How to focus on treatment and deal with demand
- How to reduce community based conflict and incarceration among drug users
- How to incorporate restorative justice in drug using communities
- Harm reduction practice and how to build supportive socially inclusive communities
- Understand the social determinants of health and how we create barriers
CACCF has approved 5.5 related hours for CEU for the conference.
Cost: Early bird $100 (until September 1st), $115 after September 1st (HST included)
To register, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-397-5455 ext. 113.
For more information, please visit the Chatham-Kent Community Health Centres website: http://ckchc.ca/new/.