North Bay, Ontario
June 13, 2016
Position: Program Manager – Healthy Families Program - Management/Non-Union
Hours Of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: July 1, 2016
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Reporting to the Executive Director, Community Services and as a member of a multi- disciplinary management team, the Manager is responsible for the effective leadership, management and supervision of their assigned staff and related service delivery in accordance with the Health Unit’s mission, vision, values, strategic priorities, policies and standards of the Board of Health. The Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating the delivery of all programs within Healthy Families. As a member of the management team, the Manager contributes to excellence in the leadership of the organization and collaborates with other members of management in the planning and decision processes aimed at enhancing the delivery of public health services. The Manager ensures the program operates in accordance with all legislated requirements, governing policies and procedures, and collective agreements.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Masters Degree in Health, Social Services, Education, Nursing or Social Work or related discipline preferred
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR
- Consent to Children’s Aid Society (CAS) file disclosure
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a public health setting
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience at a managerial level including supervisory skills and labour relations or combination of education and experience
- Experience in community development and population health strategies
- Experience in maternal child health
- Experience in program planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and statistical data management
- Understanding of acts and regulations relating to Health Unit programs (for example, HPPA
- Knowledge and understanding of Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada (Public Health Sciences, Assessment and Analysis, Policy and Program Planning, Implementation and Evaluation, Diversity and Inclusiveness, and Communication)
- Excellent leadership skills as per LEADS Capabilities Framework
- Understanding and knowledge of employment practices as it relates to employee and labour relations
- Key knowledge and critical thinking skills related to financial management and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, conflict resolution skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, databases, internet and social media
- Ability to research and prepare proposals and briefs
- Ability to work flex hours, attend out of town meetings and attend evening meetings as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months and a recent Reference Check from the Children’s Aid Society at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
The Health Unit is committed to supporting the incumbent in obtaining one of the above specified Masters degree, if desired.
Annual Salary: Minimum $81,600 to Maximum $96,000
Closing Date: June 13, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
Application Process: If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant
Attention: Job Posting #2016/022
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
681 Commercial Street
North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
or Email: [email protected]
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.