Deadline June 29, 2016
Permanent Full Time Position
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
The Northumberland Family Health Team is seeking a dynamic team player to lead our innovative “home- based” transition care program. The program targets patients who have COPD and/or CHF and have had an admission to Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH) or multiple ER visits and who are identified as being at high risk of readmission. The office for the “home based” transition care program is located within NHH and care is provided within the patient’s home setting after discharge.
This is an exciting role for an individual who is self-motivated and enjoys a stimulating and challenging environment. This unique role will give you an opportunity to apply your competencies while making a contribution to the growth of the program. The successful candidate will be well organized and will be able to work both independently and also within a team environment.
You will work within the full scope of the RN (EC) class in a patient-centered model of care and provide clinical assessment and treatment of primary care patients.
- Baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing
- Successful completion of post-graduate the Adult and/or Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program
- Current extended class registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current membership with RNAO, including professional liability insurance program
- Basic CPR certification
- Current Ontario Drivers’ License
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting
- Demonstrated experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention; specifically in management of COPD and Heart Failure
- Excellent oral, written skills and report writing in a clinical setting
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR systems
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to Tracy West at email@example.com by June 29, 2016. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.