Deadline July 8 & 29, 2016
Internal/External Posting: RPN-W-2016
Posting Date: Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Closing Date: July 8, 2016 (initial) or July 29, 2016
Title: Registered Practical Nurse
Reports to: Manager, Primary Health Care
Position Type: Casual, ongoing (expected minimum 2 days a week through Fall 2016)
Special Note: This position has casual RPN clinical duties, as scheduled
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $21.25 - $22.26/hour
Working as part of an interdisciplinary team to support overall health and wellness of clients, the RPN delivers professional clinical services in a primary care setting.
*This position description is currently under review to incorporate core competencies. Final position description will be provided to the successful candidate when available.
Key Responsibilities: Clinical
- Provide primary health care to clients of the centre as guided by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Provide telephone triage and client follow-up as needed
- Provide basic laboratory and phlebotomy procedures and treatment services (e.g., urine tests, glucometer readings, dressings, injections, immunizations, allergy treatments, etc.)
- Provide client screening and health education within scope of practice
- Order and maintain medical supplies, laboratory supplies and immunizations if needed.
Key Responsibilities: Administrative Duties
- Receive and track referrals from staff and self-referrals from clients; maintain schedule and wait list
- Contribute to chart documentation (including Electronic Health Records), by documenting symptoms and conditions, nursing interventions and referrals and recommendations for ongoing treatment
- Participate in chart reviews and case conferences
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application and development of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Registered Practical Nurse, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Two years relevant clinical practice
- Organizational Competencies: Accountability, Client Focus, Collaboration, Continuous Learning
- Position Competencies: Initiative, Knowledge/professional/technical expertise, Teamwork
- Proficiency in the use of computers and relevant software applications (Nightingale On Demand)
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasional evenings
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
- Current certificate in CPR
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
- French language is an asset
- Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
- Save all documents as a single file using your own name (Last, First). A PDF format is preferred.
- Email to [email protected] citing reference “FOOT-2016” in the subject line.
- This position has a rolling application process. The initial applications must be received by the Human Resources Manager by 4:00 pm, Friday July 8, 2016.
- From July 9-29, applications will be reviewed and considered if the position has not been filled. The application process will close at 4 pm on Friday, July 29, 2016.
As a registered professional, to abide by and be accountable to the ethics and standards set out by the relevant regulatory body of the profession.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources.
Kingston Community Health Centres, 263 Weller Ave. Kingston ON, K7K 2V4