New Liskeard & Kirkland Lake, Ontario
Deadline July 22, 2016
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Registered Dietitian (R.D.) is an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team. The R.D. applies nutrition expertise in determinants of health, health promotion and community development to support Ontario Public Health Standards programming. The R.D. reviews existing epidemiological, behavioural and socio-demographic data, and thorough assessments of community assets and needs; maintains current knowledge of the literature and best practices; and critically appraises research to assist with setting priorities, targeting programs and developing public health strategies and policies for promoting nutritional health. The R.D. liaises with committees, coalitions, and assumes an advocacy role for nutrition issues. The R.D. leads planning, and evaluation as well assists with delivery in a variety of settings and audiences.
- Baccalaureate in food and nutrition or equivalent program from a recognized university; Masters degree in nutrition, health promotion or related from an accredited University is considered an asset;
- Experience working in Public Health or in community nutrition is considered an asset;
- Eligible for membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and the Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health;
- Demonstrated skills in and/or knowledge in planning, implementing and evaluating population health promotion activities, community development, social marketing, and public policy;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages is an asset;
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and transportation to meet programming needs.
Applications will be accepted until July 22, 2016 or until vacancies are filled. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please apply to:
Randy Winters, email@example.com
Manager of Corporate Services
Timiskaming Health Unit
247 Whitewood Avenue, Unit 43
P.O. Box 1090
New Liskeard, ON POJ 1PO
Timiskaming Health Unit is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment. We encourage all applicants to self-identify their barriers on their resumes and/or cover letter in order to provide accommodations in all steps of the hiring process. This is to ensure that all are able to participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.