[Ed: the posting was updated on July 10]
Deadline July 25, 2016
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has a leadership opportunity for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Business Manager in our Brockville Office, reporting to the Director of the Quality, Information, and Standards Department.
The Business Manager plays a critical role in developing and implementing the financial strategy of the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit. As a member of the management team, the Business Manager is an advisor to Managers, Directors and the Chief Executive Officer, assisting them with financial planning, budgeting and reporting. The Business Manager also leads the planning, implementation, and management of the Business Office functions, including finance, purchasing, payroll and facilities management. The Business Manager is responsible for the development of financial and property policies and procedures, and compliance with all relevant legislation and other legal directives. The Business Manager builds partnerships and collaborates with funders and community partners.
As part of the management team, the Business Manager creates a culture aligned with the mission and vision of the organization and ensures a commitment to continuous quality improvement. The Business Manager demonstrates Health Unit’s values: Integrity, Respect, Caring, Accountability, Fairness, Quality, Client-Centered Service, and Healthy Workplace Environment.
The mandatory requirements for this position are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- A Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
- A minimum of 5 years finance/accounting/payroll experience at the professional level.
- Proven ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Proficiency in all aspects of financial management including budgeting, payroll, and financial controls.
- Proven ability leading people and demonstrated success as a collaborator, including demonstrated emotional intelligence, teambuilding and coaching skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan complex projects with a wide range of stakeholders in a flexible manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and advance proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues diplomatically and confidentially.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Management experience
- Facilities management experience.
- Experience with ACCPAC accounting software.
- Finance and accounting experience within the public sector and/or health system.
- Understanding of financial reporting requirements for the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care and the Ministry of Children and Youth Services.
- Immunizations in accordance with Heath Unit policy.
- Satisfactory police reference check in accordance with Health Unit policy.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the Employer.
The salary range is $86,859 to $102,064 with a competitive benefits package.
Send your resume and letter of application to [email protected] by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 25th.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our agency.
Please note that we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview.