September 30 to October 1, 2016
8:00 am. to 5:00 p.m.
BMO Learning Centre, 3550 Pharmacy Avenue
This two-day learning event is a first in North America, bringing together innovative trainers and learners to examine intersectional anti-oppression practices within collaborative leadership processes.
Who can benefit from participating in this Learning Institute?
- If you work in a leadership role in equity-based or anti-oppression-based non-for profit organizations, human rights, public health, social services, grassroots, or educational sectors.
- If you are trying to incorporate an intersectional social change or social justice framework in your organization, community practice, and among your collaborative partnerships and networks.
- If you want a dynamic training experience that will deepen your knowledge of intersectional anti-oppression frameworks and leadership practices.
What are the objectives of this Learning Institute?
- To provide a learning environment to explore intersectional anti-oppression and collaborative leadership practices, both successes and challenges.
- To strengthen your leadership skills in this area and to provide sustainability by establishing wider systems of support and networking opportunities.
- To provide learning resources that can be used in your organization, and in community practice that support collaborative leadership development and implementation.
Themes: By participating in cohorts of 20-25, learners with supportive vibrant trainers will explore the following areas from an intersectional, health equity, anti-oppression, collaborative leadership lens:
- Indigeneity, Decolonization, Reviewing the context of “Canadian Leadership”
- Race, Racialization, and Resisting Racism
- Women, Gender, and Demystifying Sexism
- Dis/ability, Ableism and Redefining Accessibility
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and Resisting Heterosexism and Transphobia
- Children, Youth, Seniors, Challenging Ageism through the Lifespan
- Social Economic Status, Immigration and Refugee processes, Deconstructing Barriers
The Learning Institute will enhance your anti-oppression learning in a reflexive, creative, and interactive manner, augmenting your skills, knowledge, and toolbox to strengthen your understandings and ability to actualize change.
Please join us in fall 2016!
Registration Information: http://bit.ly/29QlHyg
For more information on this project, check out our website at http://www.clip-lcp.org/events/.