[Ed: deadline added July 18]
Deadline July 21, 2016
Immediate Interim Opportunity
Reports To: Board of Directors
Duration: 6 Months
Start Date: August
Daily Rate: Competitive
Our client, a non-profit health charity is seeking an Interim CEO to assist them in steering the organization through a period of significant change. The CEO will be responsible for promoting research initiatives, providing management for daily activities, advocating the organization’s mission to improve funding and increase public awareness nationally.
- Complete an objective organizational review to optimize spending and create a solid platform for the incoming CEO;
- Build consensus and trust across all key stakeholder groups
- Engage community and all levels of government in raising awareness and advocating for the organization’s cause;
- Develop strong external relationships with members of Parliament and Senators, Government of Canada and its agencies, the corporate community and media to reach the organization’s mandate;
- Maintain strong partnerships with staff, provincial leaders and stakeholders;
- Ensure organization is on track to achieve long-term goals and mission;
- Promote research aligned with mission, values and vision to discover improved treatments and a cure;
- Develop policies and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors;
- Oversee operations of organization;
- Submit budget for Board approval and manage resources within budget guidelines;
- Spearhead fundraising initiatives- propose strategies for plan implementation, identify required resources and develop strategies for engaging donors.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be a C-level executive who has either (a) ran a health-related charity or (b) has acted as a C-level executive within a recognizable company and possesses ties to charity organizations, ideally as a Board Member;(c) ran a complex health service provider or (d) been a COO of a large charity or a CEO of a medium sized charity;
- Previous experience acting as intermediary between Board and the organization;
- Extensive experience managing competing priorities of stakeholders on a complex national scale;
- 7+ years senior management (CEO or VP level) experience;
- Highly collaborative people leader with strong relationship management skills;
- University degree or equivalent;
- Masters level preparation preferred;
- Strong people management, fundraising, communications, team development and community relations background.
Please Send Your Resume to: Interim.Applications@lhhknightsbridge.com (SUBJECT: JOB TITLE)
LHH Knightsbridge Interim Management provides interim executives who are a powerful resource that can step in without any downtime to meet specific goals and objectives and deliver results. They have held significant senior positions in the past and have now chosen to offer their unique depth and breadth of experience to organizations on a limited engagement basis.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.