Deadline August 2, 2016
The Corporation of Norfolk County
Job Posting # CUPE 56.16
Position: Program Evaluator and Data Analyst
Status: Temporary Full Time (date of hire until approx. December 2016)
Employee Group: CUPE Local 4700
Salary: $27.42 - $34.25 per hour
Department: Health and Social Services
Division: Public Health
Reports To: Epidemiologist
Posting Period: July 15, 2016 – August 2, 2016
- To liaise and consult with Program Coordinators/Managers and program staff in planning, developing and implementing evaluation methods and approaches for the purpose of program planning.
- To provide leadership to Health Unit Staff and ensure effective methodological procedures (quantitative and qualitative) including accurate sampling design procedures and survey administrative methods and assist with analysis, interpretation of data and report generation.
- Responsible for obtaining and analysing data required to meet the Ontario Public Health Standards and additional data that can inform the delivery of public health services.
- Master’s Degree in epidemiology, Health Sciences, Applied Sciences or equivalent with emphasis on program evaluation and analysis.
- Over three years up to and including four years’ experience in program evaluation, community health research and health planning and the use of public health indicators.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of health promotion
- Knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards, as well as, current issues and practices related to health determinants, health outcomes, epidemiology, and public health.
- Knowledge of the design and analysis of surveys.
- Advance research skills and experience in developing research questions, conducting extensive literature reviews and critically appraising the quality, internal and external validity of research results.
- Demonstrates experience with SPSS.
- Advance skills in qualitative research and methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize complex data into understandable, user-friendly, relevant explanations for reporting and knowledge transfer to management and staff.
- Excellent oral presentation and small group facilitation skills to lead focus group discussions.
- Effective consulting, leadership, and project management skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability by adjusting approaches, as needed.
- Ensures accountability and high quality and accuracy of work.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Computer expertise in corporate standard software (Microsoft Office) and department specific software to data search and entry and to create and modify word processed documents.
- Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment, and have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- To liaise and consult with the Medical Officer of Health (MOH), Program Coordinators/Managers and program staff in planning, developing and implementing evaluation methods and approaches for the purpose of program plan.
- To contribute to the development of professional quality surveys that generates meaningful and purposeful data.
- To provide leadership and ensure effective methodological procedures (quantitative and qualitative) including accurate sampling design procedures and survey administrative methods and assist with analysis, interpretation of data and product development.
- To support Program Coordinators/Managers and program staff with grant proposals.
- To analyse data using IntelliHealth, CCHS, Panorama and other appropriate databases/data sources.
The Corporation of Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Resumes must be submitted through email, mail, fax, courier, or in person to Human Resources & Staff Development by 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the posting.
Human Resources & Staff Development– 185 Robinson Street, Suite 300, Simcoe, ON N3Y 5L6
Phone: (519) 426-5870 – Fax: 519-427-5902– Email: [email protected]
Successful applicants are required to provide the Employer with a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector where required and verification of education.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.