North Bay, Ontario
Deadline July 25, 2016
JOB #2016/010 – Re-Posted
Position: Public Relations Specialist - OPSEU – Planning and Evaluation Services
Hours of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: New Position
Under the direction of the Manager, Planning and Evaluation Services, the Public Relations Specialist is the internal marketing and strategic communications expert for the Health Unit and ensures strategic alignment of communications activities and adherence with public health standards. The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for: Providing operational and strategic direction to internal and external Communications at the Health Unit; Developing, implementing, evaluating and reporting on cross-organizational strategic and integrated communications plans; Managing the health unit brand and implementing marketing/brand- related activities; Chairing the Website and Social Media Steering Committees; Developing, maintaining and training on communication standards; Coaching on communications and marketing best practices; and providing support related to media relations.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, and/or Marketing
- Minimum six years of public relations or marketing experience, including two years or more in a relevant strategic marketing and communications role
- Demonstrated ability in designing, implementing and evaluating social marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategic communication plans with measureable outcomes and performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to conduct situational assessments, analyze and interpret findings for Communications planning purposes
- Superior written and verbal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to handle project from start to finish
- Strong strategic communications and marketing planning skills and market research interpretation skills
- Strong familiarity with online marketing best practices and solid understanding of website and social media platforms and metrics
- Ability to recognize emerging issues and opportunities, and advise on the appropriate Communications response/action
- Ability to develop relevant communications outcomes and performance metrics and interpret data in support the assessment of campaigns
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across organizational units, disciplines and with senior leaders
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to respond to, and meet, competing priorities
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction
- Ability to work flex hours (i.e. occasional evenings and weekends) when necessary
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $34.09 To Maximum $38.37 (Under Review)
Closing Date: July 25, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job Posting #2016/010 – Re-Posted
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.