Deadline September 12, 2016
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit has a job opening for a Public Health Dietitian. This is a full-time, non-union, temporary status position starting in September and ending March 31, 2017. This position will be based in our Brockville Office and is within our Healthy Living and Development Department. Visit http://www.healthunit.org to learn more about us.
Reporting to a Program Manager in the Healthy Living and Development Department, the Public Health Dietitian applies various strategies required to improve the health of the population, including awareness, education, skill-building, community needs assessment, and the implementation of healthy eating programming such as “BrightBites” in school and community settings as part of the Healthy Kids Community Challenge.
- Baccalaureate degree from a Canadian University with a major course of study in foods and nutrition;
- Current membership in the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Knowledge and skill in health promotion and prevention of illness strategies;
- Relevant community or public health nutrition experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Independent, flexible and organized;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interagency team and with other professionals, volunteers and interest groups;
- Own transportation and current driver’s licence;
- Criminal record check;
- Up-to-date immunization including annual influenza.
Annual Salary Range: $57, 826 to $67,813, plus twelve percent in lieu of benefits and six percent vacation pay.
Please submit your resume with a covering letter detailing how you meet the required qualifications by 4:30 pm on September 12, 2016 to [email protected].
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with our agency. Please note that we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview.