Deadline September 23, 2016
Overview of Role
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Outreach, the Communications Officer will be a seasoned communications professional with an expertise in developing social media strategies to advance the goals of non-profit, government or institutional organizations. Previous experience in the healthcare sector would be a strong asset. A key member of the communications and outreach team, the Officer will be responsible for developing strategic communications plans for a variety of projects and initiatives and be responsible for setting and managing the Partnership’s social media influencer strategy. The Officer will work collaboratively with the Digital Strategy team to align and coordinate work. The Partnership’s communications and outreach goal is to increase awareness within the cancer control community and with interested public about Canada’s coordinated cancer strategy and the progress made with partners. The Partnership’s social media channels are used to expand reach of messages, increase access to evidence and data, and connect with select audiences to foster engagement with the cancer control and cancer stakeholder communities.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 7-10 years progressive experience in corporate communications
- University degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Digital Media, Public Relations or related field
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic communication counsel to executives and senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to analyze emerging issues and develop strategic responses
- Experience and confidence in providing strategic recommendations that result in effective communications programs and drive results
- Superior knowledge of corporate communications and social media, particularly in the health care area
- Experience in designing and delivering strategic communications plans
- Plain language skills and experience translating scientific and technical information into social media content
- Ability to think and act strategically in order to quickly seize on opportunities to advance the Partnership’s objectives, resourceful in connecting people and stimulating evidence-based discussion
- Ability to exercise good judgement and use diplomacy and tact when responding to difficult or contentious situations on a public domain balanced with strong instincts on when to escalate matters and seek management advice
- Skilled content creator including integrated communications across multiple platforms and formats
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, including stakeholder management at the provincial and/or national levels, and ability to interact and work effectively with colleagues in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in not-for-profit sector is an asset, particularly the Canadian Cancer Strategy environment
- Experience working in broader public sector, including provincial and federal government, as well as private sector environment
For the complete job description please visit our website at http://www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at [email protected] indicating ‘Communications Officer’ in the subject line of your email.
Closing date for applications is September 23, 2016. Only applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at [email protected].