Deadline October 14, 2016
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable.
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Supervisor of Care #19620
Community and Health Services Department
Paramedic and Seniors Services Branch
Location: Vaughan, Ontario. This is a Non-Union position.
Weekdays: 0800 – 1600, with one day per week from 0600-1400;
Every other weekend: 1100 - 1900
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 12 months, Salary $94,006 - $106,762 annually
Reporting to the Director of Care, is responsible for supervising the provision of Resident Care Services to the clients in the facility; assisting with budget preparation and control of expenditures, program development, nursing care planning activities and quality assurance.
- Successful completion of a Diploma in Health Sciences or related field from an accredited College.
- Current Registered Nurse Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a nursing program service delivery within the Long Term Care sector and demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicles for use on corporate business.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Standards, Acts and Regulations pertaining to nursing care and long term care facilities, including best practices in the Long Term Care sector, CQI and Risk Management principles.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Demonstrated skills to deliver services and programs, including implementing quality assurance initiatives to ensure that client services meet legislative and Regional standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work within a diverse community and ability to deal empathetically with residents, family members, etc., to contribute to their well-being.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and MDS-RAI, and ability to conduct research on the internet.
- Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including evenings, and be available for on-call duties.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by October 14, 2016, quoting competition #19620. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.