Deadline October 25, 2016
Research Assistant, MLSE LaunchPad
Employment duration: Full Time
Department: MLSE Launchpad
Location: Air Canada Centre
Job Code: 3116
Closing Date: 25/10/16
MLSE LaunchPad is currently seeking a highly competent research professional to serve as its first Research Assistant. The candidate will assist in the implementation of a comprehensive strategy for measuring the impact of MLSE LaunchPad programs.
The Research Assistant will assist ongoing program assessment and improvement as part of the MLSE LaunchPad research and evaluation team. The candidate will play a central role in implementing the longitudinal strategic evaluation plan as we strive to develop best-in class programs and research to enhance the use of sport to improve youth development.
An ideal candidate has meaningful experience in the execution of evaluation strategies using quantitative and qualitative methodologies, social and/or clinical research, and outcomes measurement. The coordinator must function effectively in a collaborative youth-focused programming environment, and communicate professionally as part of a complex team.
- Communicate with academic partners and support research partnerships as needed
- Assist in the implementation of multiple research and evaluation processes
- Obtain informed consent for research
- Manage data collection schedule
- Complete data collection and related duties as necessary
- Adhere to data collection policies and practices
- Assist in monitoring uniform data collection compliance and data quality
- Train front-line program staff in data collection procedures as needed
- Facilitate utilization of an online technology solution that supports data collection objectives
- Organize Research Advisory meetings
- Create, edit and collate documents and presentations as needed
- Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic to intermediate skills in SPSS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in social science, health science, exercise science or related field
- 1-3 years related research experience
- Knowledge of research guidelines and regulations
- Experience working with youth
- Experience and/or knowledge of Sport for Development programming and research
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.