North Bay, Ontario
Deadline October 24, 2016
Job Posting #2016/033 – Re-Posted
Position: Public Health Nurse – ONA – Communicable Disease Control Program
Hours of Work: Temporary – Full-Time – 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE)
Effective: As Soon As Possible to August 4, 2017 (Subject to Change)
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Leave of Absence
Working as a member of the Communicable Disease Control Team, the incumbent is responsible for surveillance, research, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of communicable diseases (enteric and non-enteric, including Tuberculosis) and ensures compliance with the Health Promotion and Protection Act.
The incumbent will also work with the team to control outbreaks of diseases.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current certification in CPR
- Certificate in Infection Control and/or willingness to become certified within 2 years
- Two years recent experience in public health programs with experience in case management and outbreak management of clients with communicable diseases
- Experience in program planning and evaluation, inventory monitoring and control, as well as statistical data management
- Experience in preparing and facilitating stakeholder group collaboration
- Have initiated or completed a HB vaccination series or proof of immunity
- Knowledge of infectious disease epidemiology
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Computer skills in word processing and internet
- Self-motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction
- Ability to participate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to foster a positive work environment
- Ability to work within a self-directed team and collaborate with other teams in program delivery
- Demonstrated analytical ability in order to research and prepare proposals, briefs and annual reports
- Ability to work flex hours, on-call and evenings as required
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Required to be available for redeployment to another location in Ontario, potentially on short notice and for extended time periods in the event of an outbreak
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accessibility accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: BScN/PHN - Minimum $37.91 to Maximum $42.67 When on-call, compensated at $700 per week
Closing Date: October 24, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter, proof of education and a copy of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job Posting #2016/033 – Re-Posted
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or E-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to Website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.