November 9, 2016
8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Brampton Civic Hospital - 2100 Bovaird Drive East, Room BCH. N.1.823 (north entrance, 1st floor, room 823)
Choices and Changes is a free, half-day workshop provided by the Ontario Self-Management Program in collaboration with the Institute of Healthcare Communication. Aimed at healthcare providers, this workshop will help clinicians become more effective in supporting clients on their journey to improve lifestyle choices and self-management of their chronic health conditions. The workshop consists of mini-lectures, interactive exercises, videotaped case studies and skill practice to provide clinicians with specific and efficient communication strategies that can be utilized to support client-centered care. At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify strategies to assess an individual’s motivation and readiness for change
- Learn skills and techniques to help influence client behavior
- Intended Audience: Health care providers, administrators, receptionists, policy makers, community support/outreach workers, recreation therapists, healthcare students, volunteers and all other providers who support person-centered care.
Cost: Free, light breakfast will be offered
- Online https://www.cwselfmanagement.ca/ccworkshop?id=307
- Email email@example.com
- Call 1-855-269-8401 ext 6.
For additional healthcare provider workshops offered through the Central West Self-Management Program please see https://www.cwselfmanagement.ca/hcpworkshops.