Deadline November 10, 2016
- Communications Officer, Media Relations
- Communications Officer, Social Media
Overview of Roles
Be part of a close-knit communications team that is continually evolving our approach to effectively reaching and influencing health-care professionals and interested public. We flex our creative muscles to find new and innovative ways to communicate and engage on the valuable work being done and the progress being made by the many people and organizations implementing the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. Join an enviable communications unit that benefits from in-house graphics and video support; patient and family engagement expertise; strong internal communications channels; with a desire to grow its social media presence and increase its experts’ visibility with national media.
As we plan for our third, five-year strategic plan, we need two seasoned communications professionals - one with an expertise in developing social media strategies to advance the goals of a non-profit organization and the other with demonstrated media relations skills and a passion for turning complex data and evidence into engaging communications. Previous experience in the healthcare sector would be a strong asset. Key members of the communications and outreach team, the Officers will be responsible for developing strategic communications plans for a variety of projects and initiatives.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 7-10 years progressive experience in corporate communications
- University degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Digital Media, Public Relations or related field
- Experience in designing and delivering strategic communications plans
- Plain language skills and experience translating scientific and technical information into social media or media relations content
- Experience and confidence in providing strategic recommendations that result in effective communications programs and drive results
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic communication counsel to executives and senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to analyze emerging issues and develop strategic responses
- Superior knowledge of corporate communications and social media or media relations, particularly in the health care area
- Ability to think and act strategically in order to quickly seize on opportunities to advance the Partnership’s objectives, resourceful in connecting people and stimulating evidence-based discussion
- Ability to exercise good judgement and use diplomacy and tact when responding to difficult or contentious situations on a public domain balanced with strong instincts on when to escalate matters and seek management advice
- Skilled content creator including integrated communications across multiple platforms and formats
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, including stakeholder management at the provincial and/or national levels, and ability to interact and work effectively with colleagues in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in not-for-profit sector is an asset, particularly the Canadian Cancer Strategy environment
- Experience working in broader public sector, including provincial and federal government, as well as private sector environment
- Strong preference for bilingual candidates
- For the complete job description please visit our website at http://www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca indicating (‘Communications Officer, Media Relations or Communications Officer, Social Media’) in the subject line of your email.
Closing date for applications is November 10, 2016. Only applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call (416) 915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.