New Haven, Connecticut
December 2, 2016
Presented annually by Unite For Sight, the Social Entrepreneurship Institute provides mentoring, guidance, and successful strategies for participants to apply to their work in global health, social entrepreneurship, and international development. In addition to unique interactive sessions by leaders in global health and social entrepreneurship, the Institute also includes a lunch networking reception with the speakers.
- "Wanted: Innovative, Disruptive, Out of the Box Ideas -- Risk-Takers Need Not Apply," Jordan Levy, Chief External Relations Officer, Ubuntu Education Fund
- "How Texting is Saving Lives," Nancy Lublin, Founder, Crisis Text Line
Lessons Learned From The Experts
- "Healthcare Social Enterprise: Proven Paths to Failure," David Aylward, Senior Advisor, Global Health and Technology, Ashoka -- Innovators for the Public
- "Business Models for Social Enterprises in a Grant-Dominated World," Jason R.L. Kass, Senior Director of Finance, Dimagi, Inc.
- "What it Takes to Lead in Today's Nonprofit Environment," Mark Roithmayr, Chief Development Officer, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- What Should You Do With Your Ideas? Navigating Responsible Global Engagement
- "Scaling a New Revenue Model," Jane Aronson, President and CEO, Worldwide Orphans Foundation
- "Narrative Justice: Who Has the Right to Tell Development Stories?" Lisa Russell, Emmy-Winning Filmmaker and Global Health Advocate, Governess Films
- "Growing Better Health: Taking Community-based Models to Scale," Jessie Cronan, Executive Director, Gardens for Health International
Key Strategies in Entrepreneurship
- "Title TBA," Rodney North, Fair Trade, Marketing and Communications Consultant
- "High School Health Hackathon: Involving Young People in Solving Global Health Challenges," Luk Hendrik, Sana
- "Title TBA," Elizabeth Johansen, Technology & Design for Global Health
Register by October 31st for a 50% reduced registration rate.
Complete details and the Institute schedule can be seen at http://www.uniteforsight.org/institute.
Unite For Sight is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit global health delivery organization that is free of commercial interests and committed to promoting high-quality care for all. The Social Entrepreneurship Institute is presented annually by Unite For Sight. SEI 2016 is Unite For Sight's 4th annual Institute.