Deadline November 9, 2016
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Hellenic Centre, 486 Ester Road
Join the live, in-person event: Improving services and systems for transition-age youth in Ontario.
In this one-day event you will learn about various initiatives and how CAMH’s Provincial System Support Program (PSSP), through the Service Collaboratives initiative, has been working with communities to improve services and systems for transition-age youth in Ontario.
Who should attend: Service providers, persons with lived experience, family members, policymakers, researchers, and other stakeholders in Ontario’s mental health and substance use system.
- Dr. Ian Manion is a clinical psychologist and scientist-practitioner who has worked with children, youth, and families for over 30 years. He is a clinical professor in the School of Psychology at the University of Ottawa and the director of Youth Mental Health Research at the Institute for Mental Health Research.
- Dr. Joanna Henderson is a Clinician Scientist and Director of the Margaret and Wallace McCain Centre for Child, Youth and Family Mental Health at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. She is also an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Toronto.
- A panel of youth with lived experience
- A panel of experts, including Dr. Javeed Sukhera, Dr. Chiachen Cheng, and Dr. Aristotle Voineskos, and a session on storytelling and traditional knowledge with John Rice
- Capacity-building sessions on implementing TAY interventions, led by members of PSSP
Register online at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/improving-services-and-systems-for-transitio....
This event is co-hosted by the Northeast Local Health Integration Network and will be in English. Some materials will be available in French.
For more info, contact Ashley.Miller@camh.ca.