November 8, 2016
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (EST)
About: The impacts of trauma are broad and far-reaching and the connection between substance use, misuse and trauma has been well documented. This webinar will provide an overview of taking a trauma-informed approach to substance use treatment and provide nurses and other health care professionals with practical advice on incorporating this into their practice.
- Julia Bloomenfeld MSW, RSW, Director of Clinical Services, Jean Tweed Centre
- Rosanra Yoon MN, NP-Adult, Nurse Practitioner, Jean Tweed Centre
- Explain why recognizing trauma is important
- Provide an overview of trauma-informed principles
- Discuss how nurses and other health care professionals can provide trauma-informed care.