Deadline November 7, 2016
The Oral Health team invites applications for an experienced, registered bilingual Dental Hygienist working in a part-time capacity. Responsibilities include clinical practices for adults and children at the Health Unit’s 50 King Street location, as well as oral health assessment and promotion programs delivered to French First language schools and other community settings.
- Conduct oral screening for clinic clients and school children in two French First language School Boards (6 schools) served by the Health Unit in keeping with the French Language Services Act;
- Document existing conditions requiring treatment, and contact parents to inform them of needed treatment;
- Provide oral health education and maintain dental records;
- Prepare examination sites by transporting equipment and supplies to/from sites;
- Maintain standards of practice, with particular attention to dental disinfection and sterilization procedures;
- Participate in community dental education activities;
- Provide adult services to clients under government-assisted programs;
- Provide all clinical services that a dental hygienist is legally permitted to carry out including provision of topical fluorides, placement of sealants, dental prophylaxis, and scaling;
- Answer dental health inquiries from a wide variety of sources; and.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Licensed by the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario.
- Current knowledge, skill, and ability to provide comprehensive dental hygiene services.
- Current CPR certification.
- Fluency in English and French. The ability to communicate in other languages is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong technical skill in the areas of documentation, Microsoft Office Suite, and database software.
- Valid Ontario driver's license and own transportation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with public health experience.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by November 7, 2016 quoting posting #OHPTDH-1016.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate in your cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.