Deadline November 18, 2016
Family Health, including Nurturing the Next Generation (NTNG), Reproductive Health, Healthy Babies, Healthy Children and Child Health, aims to improve child development outcomes for all children in Peel Region. NTNG is part of Peel Public Health’s 10-year strategic plan for 2009-2019, Staying Ahead of the Curve and Setting the Pace: 2014- 2019.
Team Specific Responsibilities:
- Conduct elements of End-to-End Public Health Practice including evidence review processes, environmental scans, analysis and interpretation of epidemiological data and policy development.
- Support Family Health in the effective use of data, research evidence and research methodology.
- Develop policy options on Family Health issues and monitor/evaluate the local implications of federal and provincial decisions.
- Provide guidance in strategic and operational planning and programming.
- Use knowledge translation methods to support, coach and mentor Family Health staff in End-to-End Public Health Practices.
- Apply advanced knowledge of public health and/or technical knowledge regarding population health, social determinants of health, epidemiology and evidence-informed decision making.
- Provide expert interpretation of legislation, public health policy and internal policies and procedures.
- Monitor, identify, analyze and provide recommendations on trends, risks and opportunities.
- Synthesize research evidence and participate in research projects.
- Interpret, synthesize, and integrate health data and research evidence to provide recommendations to guide policy and programming decisions.
- Monitor, develop, implement and advocate for policies that will have positive population health implications.
- Provide guidance to the program and evaluation planning process.
- Synthesize complex information into a wide range of written and visual communication products such as reviews of research evidence, briefing documents, policy positions and presentations.
- Design and implement knowledge translation activities related to research evidence, data and policy.
- Develop and maintain cooperative, collaborative and strategic relationships with internal and external partners.
- A Master’s degree in Health, Public Administration or a relevant discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Broad knowledge of public health issues and applicable legislation
- Experience in evidence-informed decision making, policy development and project management
- Strong research (with knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods) and analytical skills
- Knowledge of analytical, statistical and epidemiological methods
- Well-developed communication and report writing skills
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team setting and across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of discretion and diplomacy
- Proficient computer skills
Compensation: Band 7 - As per Non-Union Salary Structure plus comprehensive benefits
Location: 7120 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
Hours of work: 35 hours/week – Monday through Friday
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply online at http://www.peelregion.ca/hr and complete the attached questionnaire.