December 8, 2016
Edward Village Markham, 50 E Valhalla Drive
By the end of this presentation, the participant will be able to:
- Recall key issues related to COPD pathophysiology and management.
- Consider a complex case of COPD associated with co-morbidities
- Discuss an approach to COPD patients presenting with Dyspnea
- Consider the relevance of comorbidity to the clinical management of COPD
- Assess Inhaler technique, adherence, medication side effects and reconciliation: its role in optimal care
5:30–6:00 p.m. Registration & Dinner
6:00–7:30 p.m. COPD & Comorbidities Presentation
7:30–8:00 p.m. Questions and Evaluation
Online Registration: https://www.on.lung.ca/copd-comorbidmarkhamdec8
Registration Deadline: December 6, 2016
Dr. Monique Forse, is a Respirologist. She is a graduate from McGill University Medical School and trained in Internal Medicine and Respirology at the University of Toronto. She has worked at the Markham Stouffville Hospital for 26 years. She established the Centre for Respiratory Health where an Asthma education program, COPD clinic, sleep lab and CPAP clinic are located. She helped to develop the hospital respiratory diagnostic services which include pulmonary function, methacholine, exercise asthma and cardiopulmonary exercise testing. She continues to be actively involved in teaching respiratory medicine to physicians and healthcare professionals.