December 5 to 9, 2016
Participants say this is our best mediation training. It combines the topics from the Foundational Interpersonal Mediation workshop with advanced information and techniques. This intensive, five-day learning experience provides conflict analysis and a deeper understanding of our three phase mediation model. We look at the influence of power and culture on conflict situations and provide a more solid foundation through additional practice. You will learn practical applications of the mediation skills to a variety of situations and settings.
- Defining conflict and conflict resolution processes
- Communication styles Interest-based (win/win) problem solving
- Active listening and questioning techniques; restating, acknowledging, and validating
- S.M.A.R.T agreements
- Preparing for a mediation session
- Communication skills to handle bias, deal with power imbalances, and culture in relation to mediation
- Reframing skills
- Dealing with difficult comments
- Advanced problem solving
- Conflict styles
- Sources of conflict
- Extensive use of realistic demonstrations and role playing
For more information and to register for the December sessions or additional courses in 2017, please visit http://www.sschto.ca/Conflict-Resolution-Training/Public-Workshops/Inten...(1).