St. Thomas, Ontario
Deadline January 18, 2017
Posting # 1.083 OPSEU
Temporary full - time
Health Promotion Department
The following position is anticipated to extend until December 31, 2017, subject to availability of work and funding.
Reporting to the Director, Health Promotion Department, the Health Promoter is an integral member of a multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy to promote the health of those residing in the County of Elgin and the City of St. Thomas.
The Health Promoter applies their expertise in determinants of health, health promotion and community development to support health unit programming. The successful candidate will be a capable communicator who is able to generate campaigns, promotional material, build on collaborative relationships and create effective communication strategies that further the priorities of the Healthy Communities team.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in a health or social science related area, with an emphasis on health promotion.
- Minimum of one (1) year of public health promotion experience.
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies, population health approaches, behaviour change theories, policy development, community development and group facilitation
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
(Deadline has passed - January 18, 2017)
For further information about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at http://www.elginhealth.on.ca.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.