Deadline January 30, 2017
[Ed: Qualifications updated, 1:00 p.m., January 20]
Full-time permanent position
You have a passion for using critical analysis and research to inform sound decision making while assessing multiple sides of an issue before coming to a conclusion. You are a creative and resourceful problem solver who is able to work independently and handle multi-faceted conflicting priorities.
If this is you, consider applying to join the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario as a Hearings Analyst.
In this role, you will work out of the Hearings Office in the Department of Investigations and Resolutions, to provide decision and policy support to the Discipline Committee and the Fitness to Practice Committee. You will monitor committee decision processes to ensure procedural compliance, maintain and update policy manuals, and support the creation and development of resource materials. Your strong communication skills will allow you to liaise with senior committee members while providing research support on educational materials and policy development through written and oral reports. You will also consult with committee members and internal and external stakeholders to inform policy development.
Your time management skills, critical thinking, and superior communications skills will help you succeed in this position!
- A graduate degree in law.
- Relevant experience in analysis, research and policy development.
- Excellent project and time management skills with ability to coordinate and contribute to all areas of the hearings office.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present written and oral presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong demonstrated creative and critical problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to handle multi-faceted conflicting priorities.
- Legal experience in the public sector considered an asset.
The College offers a flexible 35-hour week and is located at 80 College St., Toronto, ON.
Click here to submit your cover letter and resume.
Applications will be reviews on a rolling basis until January 30th, 2017.
HR Associates is the exclusive search partner to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Please visit us at http://www.hrassociates.ca.
Our client, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.