January 31, 2017
School bus operators do more than simply provide transportation for students to elementary and secondary schools. They also offer transportation services to other members of the community and to different destinations. For some municipalities, working with school bus operators is integral to meeting local transportation needs.
This webinar will –
- Explain the role that school bus operators can play in small and rural communities in Ontario
- Present examples where they have worked with local municipalities and other organizations to meet local transportation needs
- Explore the benefits, challenges and opportunities of working with school bus operators to provide community transportation
- Offer lessons learned and suggestions for those who are considering working with school bus operators and using school buses for transportation
- Provided participants with time to ask questions, share their own experiences or stories, and engage in conversation with the presenters
- Vickie vanRavenswaay, Director of Recreation, Culture & Wellness for the Town of Pelham - Pelham Transit
- Rick Williams, Commissioner of Community Services, District of Muskoka – Muskoka Extended Transit (MET)
- Greg Hammond, CEO - Hammond Transportation Ltd.
- Moderator: Lisa Tolentino, Facilitator, Ontario Community Transportation Network
To learn more and register for this free webinar, visit: http://www.octn.ca/events.