Deadline March 30, 2017
2 positions available
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has two exciting opportunities to work in the Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases division. MLHU is looking for:
A temporary, full-time Public Health Inspector, to work on the Infectious Disease Control team until March 2018
A part-time Public Health Inspector, currently 28 hours per week, to work on both the Food Safety and Healthy Environments (FS&HE) and Infectious Disease Control (IDC) teams.
- Deliver comprehensive programs in the community including FS&HE program work which may include, but is not limited to; food premises inspections, special event inspections, health hazard investigations, environmental assessments, housing inspections and various other special projects as part of the FS&HE team;
- Deliver comprehensive programs in the community including IDC program work which may include, but is not limited to; personal services settings inspections and outbreak management work as part of the IDC team;
- Apply expertise in the areas of prevention, enforcement, promotion, protection, education, and research;
- Protect individual and community wellness through application of a variety of professional and technical skills in health protection, health promotion, and law enforcement activities;
- Provide coverage and client service through participation in office duty work, evening shift coverage and on-call weekends; and,
- Participate in other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Environmental Health.
- Certification as a Public Health Inspector by the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors CIPHI(C); candidates writing qualifying examinations may be considered for employment pending certification.
- Familiarity with the Health Protection and Promotion Act and relevant Regulations and Guidelines as well as the Ontario Public Health Standards and Protocols.
- Valid Ontario Driver's Licence and access to reliable transportation.
- Excellent computer skills in the areas of documentation, MS Office and database software (Hedgehog).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in French and/or any other language(s) is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in FS&HE program work and/or IDC program work is considered an asset.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
To apply to this position, please submit all applications electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by March 30, 2017 quoting posting # EHIDPHI-0317-02. Please indicate your preference of position in your cover letter.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at [email protected].
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.