Red Lake, Ontario
Deadline May 17, 2017
Working together for longer lives, lived well.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Public Health Nurse, #2017-20
Terms: Permanent, Full-time, 35 hours per week
Location: Red Lake, ON
Working in multiple Public Health programs including Vaccine Preventable Diseases, Healthy Babies Healthy Children, Reproductive Health and Child Health Programs. Supporting work towards the Baby-Friendly Initiative, designation and ongoing maintenance. Working within a team to provide services and collaborating with community members and within community partners for planning, implementing, and evaluating Public Health programs.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing, or eligible to register within the Province
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, BScN
- Current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge of, and/or experience with, principles of adult and child education, health promotion and community mobilization an asset
- Current expertise in breastfeeding support
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant would be an asset
Salary: $32.58 to $44.95 per hour, in accordance with the Ontario Nurses’ Association Contract (ONA).
Other: Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted via email only at: [email protected].
Applicants must reference posting #2017-20.
Applicants who do not receive an auto generated receipt response should contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant at 807-468-3147.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday May 17, 2017 at Noon CST
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.