July 9-13, 2017
Kempenfelt Conference Centre, 3722 Fairway Road
The Annual Institute on Addiction Studies offers professional development and learning opportunities to those working and involved in substance use and related fields. All workshops and presentations attended at the Annual Institute on Addiction Studies conference are preapproved for core Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through the Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF).
This year’s annual Institute features the following presentations:
- “The Modern Opioid Pandemic or Opioid Dependence, Treatment and Pharmacotherapies ” Jordan Anderson RP, ICADC, OSC
- “Food and Mood: Nutrition and Mental Health”: Ian Robertson MSW, RSW
- “Medical Marijuana: Cure or Curse”: Ron Elliott R.Ph., B.Sc.Phm.
- “Practical Tips from Addiction Psychiatry”: Beth Reade MD, FRCPC
- “Trauma, Abuse and Addiction” : Linda Antoniazzi, MSW, RSW, CTS, CTR
- Workshops on Self-Harm, Teachings of the Medicine Wheel, Yoga and PTSD, substance abuse and eating disorders, crystal meth, ethical dilemmas in addiction counselling, intervening on the adolescent substance user and many more.
- Keynote Speaker: Laura Bhoi BA(hon), MBA, CEO of Renascent Treatment Centre: “Potential For Change”
- Plenary Session Speaker: SoCirC (Social Circus Circle): SoCirC (Social Circus Circle) is a Toronto based charitable organization that uses the social circus modality to provide social development and support for young people on the margins, 14-29 years old.