Deadline July 14, 2017
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Created in 2007, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (“the Partnership”) is an independent organization funded by the federal government to implement the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. The Strategy aims to reduce the incidence of cancer, lessen the likelihood of Canadians dying from cancer, and enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer. As the steward of the Strategy, we work collaboratively with cancer agencies, governments, national organizations, patients and families to advance meaningful and measurable progress in achieving shared goals.
Reporting to the Program Manager, First Nations, Inuit and Métis Cancer Control, the Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of national programs related to improving the cancer journey for First Nations, Inuit and Métis patients and families. Primary responsibilities include meeting and event coordination, program support, issues management, expense reporting and handling queries.
Qualifications & Experience
- College/University level degree, with related training in administration, finance or project management
- A minimum of 3 years experience in project management or coordination roles, preferably in a health related setting
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, ability to professionally interact with and establish solid working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, executives and health experts, vendors and colleagues
- Experience coordinating events with both internal and external stakeholders including arranging travel for attendees
- Experience with, and understanding of, First Nations, Inuit and Métis health issues and demonstrated expertise in effectively working with First Nations, Inuit and Métis partners and stakeholders is an asset
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem solving skills; detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of administrative protocols and office procedures and practices
- Experience acting as a point of contact and managing issues, as required
- Demonstrated superior computer skills including MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PPT, MS Project), Internet, Email
- Bilingual in both official languages preferred
Application Deadline: July 14, 2017
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Talent Management at [email protected] indicating ‘Coordinator, First Nations, Inuit and Métis’ in the subject line.
All applicants are appreciated however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at [email protected].