Deadline September 21, 2017
Job ID J0417-0363
Organization: York Region
Job Title: Infection Prevention and Control Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Infection Prevention and Control Specialist
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Manager, Health Protection, is responsible for providing infection and prevention control expertise and leadership in the implementation of program initiatives and deliverables; developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating infection control programs as well as building capacity internally and externally to detect and manage Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) issues; conducting research and interpreting evidence based literature in developing IPAC best practices guidelines, tools and resources; evaluating initiatives, programs, policies and resources and providing IPAC best practice recommendations; completing IPAC audits to ensure compliance within industry best practices; leading, conducting and assisting in investigations of IPAC breaches, conducting IPAC risk assessments using a scientific based approach and recommending solutions; recommending standards, protocols, processes and procedures in compliance with applicable legislation; and acting as a consultant, educator and resource for internal and external stakeholders.
Salary: $48.15 - $52.33 per hour. This is a Union position.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, or a related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current Certification from the Certification Board of Infection Control.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience of relevant infection prevention and control related experience with a comprehensive understanding IPAC practices and program service delivery.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Thorough knowledge communicable disease control, epidemiologic principles, surveillance, and outbreak management.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management.
- Demonstration of Departmental competencies, including flexibility and adaptability, accountability, strategic thinking, innovation and creativity, and collaboration.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation, evaluation and ability to contribute to continuous quality improvement as they relate to infection prevention and control.
- Demonstrated communication skills (verbal and written) to facilitate and present information to varied audiences.
- Ability to conduct effective infection risk assessments, problem solving, and conflict resolution to respond to issues with tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to critically analyze issues, and apply creative problems solving skills.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Scheduled Hours: 35
Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by September 21, 2017, quoting competition #20634. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply click on the link below: