Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Deadline October 2, 2017
Job Posting: Full Time, Permanent
The South Georgian Bay Community Health Centre (SGBCHC) provides primary healthcare services with a wide range of other health promotion and community development services under one roof; focusing on the social determinants that impact an individual's health. The SGBCHC provides an integrated model of care by working in partnership with other agencies in the communities it serves. The CHC's programs and services are developed to respond to the specific and diverse needs of the community.
The SGBCHC provides primary health and allied care to individuals and families who face special barriers to health and access to care, including: Youth between the ages of 12&24; Individuals or families experiencing poverty, housing and/or food security challenges; Isolated seniors; Individuals with any disability that presents a barrier to wellness or service access; and Individuals experiencing mental health or addiction issues.
As an experienced builder and manager of teams, the Clinical Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing the provision of quality primary and allied health care services and health promotion programs delivered by an interdisciplinary team in a comprehensive, collaborative manner. The Clinical Manager develops, manages and reports on, and is accountable for the activities of the program and its staff, and represents and promotes the Centre by participating in community activities.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a unified, high performing interdisciplinary team.
- Responsible for supervision of, as well as conducting regular performance appraisal with, an interdisciplinary team of health professionals.
- Develops and implements strategies to promote interdisciplinary team building.
- Coordinates planning and service delivery of all aspects of Health Services, e.g. Primary Care, Health Promotion, Outreach, Health Planning, and Allied Care
- Develops and implements mechanisms to ensure quality of primary care as well as service delivery effectiveness and efficiency in a collaborative, interdisciplinary manner.
- Ensures the development, maintenance, and annual review of policies and procedures, including clinical guidelines and clinical directives using PolicyTech
- Liaises with educational institutions to coordinate student placements, e.g. nurses, nurse practitioners, medical students, social workers, dietetic interns, health promoters and family medicine residents.
- Participates in community engagement and development activities to ensure the development and evaluation of appropriate services/programs.
- Accountable for cost effectiveness and expenditure of funds allocated to the program.
- Recommends, plans, and develops program budgets and conducts, and approves activities in accordance with approved plans and budgets.
- Applications (Resume and cover letter) are accepted until Monday October 2, 2017
- Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- For a full job description head to http://southgeorgianbaychc.ca/index.php?action=display&cat=26
- Bachelor’s Degree in health administration (or equivalent) preferred, or comparable education and experience combined. Masters preferred
- Three (3) years’ management experience and experience working in a community primary health care setting.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in building and retaining high performing interdisciplinary program and primary health care teams.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal; French considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multitask efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people of various cultural, age, and economic backgrounds
- Ability to communicate information effectively through a variety of means including meetings, reports, letters and presentations.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and use of own vehicle for CHC business.