November 28, 2017
10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Sustainability Network, Centre for Social Innovation Spadina
Conflict – it’s everywhere – from minor squabbles with your child, or angst with a neighbor to major disagreement(s) with a partner and/or colleague. And it’s invariably present when we work on complex environmental challenges – internal to your organization such as a conflict among board members, or a staff issue to external to your organization like differing views within and among your stakeholders and/or members. Conflict can be both frustrating and worrisome as well as an opportunity for growth and a chance for new thinking.
This workshop is for you if you:
- experience conflict in the environmental arena – either professionally or personally
- get stuck trying to resolve disputes you encounter
- want to increase your self-awareness of your preferred method for dealing with conflict
- are interested in key concepts and tools for better handling conflict
During this four-part participatory session, you’ll walk away with a better understanding of how you approach conflict and ways to make your experience of conflict more productive and constructive:
- explore our biases and perceptions to conflict as we get acquainted.
- use a self-assessment tool to identify your preferred style of dealing with conflict.
- explore the concepts of “positions,” “needs,” and “interests.”
- learn about “active listening.”
The workshop facilitator is Charlotte Young. As Director of Practice at envision SYNERGY Charlotte Young Ph.D., works with teams, groups and organizations across silos, jurisdictions and sectors to advance collective solutions for a healthy planet. Charlotte holds a Ph.D. from the University of Michigan. She is a certified mediator, a facilitator for True Colours personality strengths inventory, an evaluator and a graphic recorder. She’s been a long time partner with the Sustainability Network having led multiple sessions of the Good to Great Learning Networks as well as most recently, Grassroots College.
For more details and to register visit https://registrations.sustainabilitynetwork.ca/conflict-management-getti....