December 5, 2017
Many people work with children/youth who engage in self-injurious behaviour; however few really feel comfortable about the issue and in turn refer the child/youth for psychiatric consultation. Participants will learn how to identify those at risk and how to work with children/youth who self-harm. Increase your skills in empathetic listening, problem-solving, assessment and treatment. This training will also prepare you to respond to children/youth who approach you about their self-injurious behaviour.
By the end of this training you will know:
- Warning signs, as well as the attitudes and myths surrounding self-harm
- Why youth self-harm and how to bring this behaviour under control
- Tools and treatment strategies to work with children and youth who self-harm
For more information or to register, please visit https://www.safeguards-training.net/Courses/Detail.aspx?id=145.
- Group Discount: 20% off groups of 4 or more from one agency.
- Visit the event page on SafeGuards website for more info.