February, March, and May, 2018
[Ed: Chatham-Kent event dates updated January 26]
Do you work with clients with osteoporosis? Bone Fit™ is an evidence-informed exercise training workshop designed for healthcare professionals & exercise practitioners who work with clients with osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis Canada will be hosting the next Bone Fit™ Workshops at the following locations:
- February 24-25, 2018 – YMCA Chatham-Kent, Chatham
- March 24-25, 2018 – YMCA Balsille Family Branch - Peterborough
- May 5-6, 2018 – Doubletree Hilton, Toronto
What will you learn about at the workshop?
- Learn about the most appropriate, safe and effective methods to prescribe and progress exercise for people with osteoporosis.
- Learn about simple transitional movements, activities of daily living and recreational pursuits adaptable for people with osteoporosis.
Who should go to this and what is the cost to register for the workshop?
- Bone Fit™ Basics (1-day, $200) is aimed at exercise and fitness professional working in the community with uncomplicated osteoporosis clients.
- Bone Fit™ Clinical (2-day, $400) is for rehabilitation professionals working in a clinical environment with simple or complex osteoporosis.
How long is each day?
- Basics is from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Clinical is from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Who teaches the workshops?
- Bone Fit™ workshops are led by our Lead Trainer, Judi Laprade, Ph.D, an Associate Professor at the Division of Anatomy, University of Toronto.
What are the benefits of becoming Bone Fit™ -trained?
- After you have passed your final test, you will appear on the Bone Fit™ -trained Professional Locator Map. Individuals who are looking for someone who is knowledgeable in working with clients with osteoporosis will be able to find you on this map.
- You will be recognized as Bone Fit™ -Trained.
- Continuing Education Credits are available with CSEP, Canfitpro, OFC, CPTN, CFES, CATA and YMCA upon completion of Bone Fit™ training.