Deadline January 29, 2018
Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre is seeking energetic and adaptable Intensive Behaviour Therapists who are passionate about providing therapeutic and motivating service to children with autism and their families. As part of a community agency team, you will work in a centre-based environment to provide Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) and interventions based on Applied Behaviour Analysis. You will provide IBI in a one-on-one or group setting, providing behaviour management or crisis intervention as required, following protocols for aggressive and disruptive behaviors. Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre is a part of the Toronto Autism Services, a six agency partnership providing services in the Toronto region.
Your solid knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and understanding of the IBI approach will support you in the preparation, delivery, and presentation of teaching materials for individual programs. You will monitor client progress and the effectiveness of individual programs, maintaining regular communication with families/guardians and providing IBI strategies to parents as requested. You will establish and maintain ongoing open communication amongst team members, liaising with Family Support Coaches and consulting with Clinical Supervisors and Program Consultants as directed by the Agency Supervisor.
- Knowledge of the community served by the Agency; a demonstrated understanding of access and equity issues; and awareness and sensitivity to diversity in the workplace and within the community are required.
- Ability to analyze data and use judgement to act appropriately within limits of guidelines
- Adaptability when faced with major changes/new processes; strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills to work in cooperation with colleagues, children, and families
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge and ability to operate computers and related technology comfortably and efficiently, from word processing to data management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and post- graduate Community College diploma in Behavioral Science or a 3-year Community College diploma in Behavioral Science along with the successful completion of mandatory provincial training. A combination of other relevant education/work experience may be considered.
- Fluency in a second language is considered an asset.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 29th, 2018. Please note: applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Bridget Humeniuk at 416-237-1500 x.224 or email@example.com.