Fort Frances, Ontario
Deadline February 1, 2018
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Position: Planning & Evaluation Specialist, 2018-06
Terms: Permanent, Full Time, 35 hours per week, COPE Local 521
Location: Fort Frances, ON
The Planning & Evaluation Specialist facilitates effective and efficient public health programs and services by providing support to health unit teams in the areas of health promotion, project and program planning, evaluation, research, report and proposal writing, policy and procedure, performance management, continuous quality improvement, and communications. As part of the Foundations team you will provide Northwestern Health Unit staff and teams with organizational tools, resources and processes to achieve integration, collaboration and consistency in a culture of continuous learning and quality improvement.
As part of your work you will:
- Facilitate individual and group planning & evaluation of health unit programs, services and projects, including the completion of program logic models, consultation papers, operational plans, process and outcome evaluation plans, and related reports.
- Facilitate the needs assessment, content development and evaluation of educational and promotional materials and other communications products (e.g., media releases, web content, campaigns, social media).
- Establish new and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and foster links in areas of mutual interest.
- Collect, create, analyze and disseminate evidence to support decision making and the planning & evaluation of existing and new initiatives/programs.
- Master's degree in public health, evaluation, health promotion, epidemiology, social sciences or related discipline and/or combined relevant experience
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working in a public health setting, preferably in Ontario
- Knowledge of evaluation principles, methods and techniques including formative, process and outcome evaluations, using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Expertise in literature searches and reviews, policy research/development, environmental scans, critical appraisal and knowledge syntheses
- Ability to prepare and deliver high quality written reports and presentations for diverse audiences and purposes
- Demonstrated skills related to consensus-building, facilitation, negotiation and consultation among diverse audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
Salary: $35.89 – $42.61 per hour, commensurate with experience
Other: Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of required immunizations prior to start of work.
Resumes accepted at:
Via email only at email@example.com
Applicants must reference posting 2018-06
Applicants who do not receive an auto generated receipt response should contact the Executive Assistant at 807-468-3147
Deadline for Applications: Thursday, February 1, 2018 at Noon CST
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.