London, Owen Sound, Seaforth, Stratford, St. Thomas, and Woodstock, Ontario
Deadline February 26, 2018
The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The South West LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, patient experience and value for money across the health care system.
LHIN staff incorporates the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is your opportunity to make a difference as part of a dynamic team transforming the Ontario healthcare system.
Care Coordinator (RNs & OTs)
What Can I Expect To Do?
Casual positions are available in London, Owen Sound, Seaforth, Stratford, St. Thomas, Woodstock with initial assignments on either the Hospital, Community or Complex team. Possessing the skills, the knowledge and credentials (Registered Nurse, Registered Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist), as well as experience and sound judgment, the Care Coordinator contributes to the success of client-driven care throughout South Western Ontario.
As a Care Coordinator, you'll leverage your expertise and knowledge of community resources to assess patient needs, determine their eligibility for services and subsequently develop, evaluate and/or revise plans of service for patients. Recognized as a valued member of the Home & Community Care Team, you'll be accountable for coordinating the delivery of care to patients across a continuum of care, facilitating and ensuring the achievement of quality clinical outcomes.
Reporting to the Manager Home and Community Care, responsibilities include:
- Carrying out a variety of patient care and relationship management duties
- Prioritize new referrals and take timely action, identifying individuals who would benefit from services, and connecting with them to determine eligibility for services such as LTC, Adult Day Programs, etc.
- In collaboration with the patient, assess their needs and goals, and incorporate these into care planning, ensuring that the plan includes access to alternative resources
- Make referrals to a wide variety of community supports, based on specific needs or circumstances, and assist patients and their families through the process
- Create a transitional plan in collaboration with the patient and system partners (hospital, primary care and community health care providers)
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with patients and their circle of care - families, service providers, physicians and other partners - to ensure the delivery of the highest quality patient care
- Represent the Home & Community Care team on multidisciplinary committees and community agency working groups
How Do I Qualify?
- Current, active registration or licence to practise in Ontario as a Registered Nurse (RN, BScN), Registered Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist
- Sound knowledge of the long-term care system and community resources, and experience to assess requirements and develop plans of care
- Recent clinical experience
- Experience with mental health and additions or palliative care is an asset
- Knowledge of: the roles of health care professionals, the evolving role of LHINs, the issues and priorities within the health care sector and how they impact patient care delivery
- Practical knowledge of privacy and other relevant legislation, e.g., the Long Term Care Act
- Effective planning, organization and evaluation skills to manage multiple patients, provide information reports and take corrective action
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use MS Office applications and databases
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Proficiency in French is an asset
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULES!
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
How to Apply: Please vistit https://hrassociates.wufoo.eu/forms/zbx8i4z0s3im0i/ to apply by February 26th, 2018.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds. The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
For further information on the South West LHIN please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca.