Owen Sound, Ontario
Deadline February 26, 2018
The South West Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) is one of 14 local organizations in Ontario that plan, coordinate and fund local health services and deliver high quality home and community care to patients and families. The South West LHIN is committed to health improvement, innovation, and the establishment of collaborative partnerships to improve population health, patient experience and value for money across the health care system.
LHIN staff incorporates the best aspects of teamwork and continuous learning as they work with the local community to ensure the best health outcomes for everyone. If you have a passion for excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, this is your opportunity to make a difference as part of a dynamic team transforming the Ontario healthcare system.
Patient Care Assistant (Casual)
Reporting to the Manager, Home and Community Care, the Patient Care Assistant provides service and support to the Care Coordination process. This includes the coordination and organization of Care Coordinator activities.
What Can I Expect to Do?
The Patient Care Assistant communicates with patients, families, providers and other multidisciplinary team members and acts as a point of contact for patient issues. Through the utilization of a Patient Driven Care approach, the PCA disseminates necessary information and triages pertinent information to the Care Coordinator, and assists the Care Coordinator to ensure thorough follow up on patient issues.
Location: This position is located in the South West LHIN region at the Owen Sound location.
How do I qualify?
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Education and/or training in health care administration is an asset
Experience and Skills:
- Medical Terminology
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member, including communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including ability to prioritize competing requests and function well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to connect with clients, actively listens to requests, and responds in a timely, sensitive and respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to input data into computer software consistently accurately
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience using computer databases, MS Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage the flow of information in a timely and efficient manner
- Prioritizes and manages the Care Coordinator's calendar, sets up appointments on her/his behalf and resolves scheduling conflicts
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULES!
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
How to Apply: Submit your resume and covering letter to [email protected] by February 26th, 2018.
We thank all applicants who take the time to apply. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds. The LHIN is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants are welcome. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should advise the recruitment contact so arrangements can be made.
For further information on the South West LHIN please visit: http://www.southwestlhin.on.ca.