Deadline March 6, 2018
Full-Time (5 Month Contract with a possibility of extension)
Rexdale Community Health Centre is a multi-service Centre providing primary health care, settlement and community development activities for women, families, youth, adults, and seniors of diverse cultures. The Centre is committed to providing accessible and sustainable programs and services to diverse communities.
The Centre is currently seeking, a full-time (contract) Healthy Kids Community Challenge (HKCC) Planning and Evaluation Coordinator to join our team. The HKCC Planning and Evaluation Coordinator will design, implement and evaluation a pilot intervention to engage health promotion and health care professionals in prescribing activities addressing the social determinants of health to high-need client families at the RCHC. The HKCC Planning and Evaluation Coordinator will research similar implementation models, develop the appropriate tools for delivery, facilitate staff education materials and campaigns and evaluate the project.
The candidate will work report to the Manager of HKCC Rexdale and work closely with the HKCC Rexdale team as well as the RCHC staff teams.
- Research models on social prescription, decreasing screen time, health promotion interventions
- Develop educational and campaign materials for RCHC staff and clients
- Facilitate staff engagement forums and workshops to share research
- Design a model to implement pilot intervention including tools to track activities, outcomes and resource distribution
- Implement and evaluate model and campaign
- Secures all program logistics
- Oversees budget and procurement of required resources
- Liaises with RCHC teams and staff both in-person and via email as required
- Prepares written work plans and timelines
- Prepares written reports as required
- Develops templates for project(s) as required
- Supervise purchase of service providers and contract staff
- Performs administrative tasks as required
Qualifications and Assets:
- Undergraduate degree in a health promotion, social work or other relevant discipline;
- At least 2 years of research experience with qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation methodologies (creating surveys, running focus groups etc.)
- Experience implementing planning models, designing templates and developing tracking tools
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must be able to provide a vulnerable sector criminal record check clearance
- Knowledge of the Rexdale community is an asset
Salary Range: $24 per hour (Statutory benefits and 4% vacation pay included)
Hours per week: 35
Starting date: ASAP
Status: Non-unionized position
Application Due Date: March 6, 2018
Please apply in confidence to:
Human Resources Generalist
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "HKCC Planning Coordinator" in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Rexdale CHC strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes please contact Human Resources at Liberty.Hacala@rexdalechc.com for assistance.
Please note this is a unionized environment-UFCW Locals 175 and 633.