April 16, 2018
When young clients have been traumatized, they often disengage from others even helpers. Understanding the reasons underlying this "resistance" is the first step in the therapeutic process. For many clients including young children and teens, entering therapy is a fearful process. They may feel a lack of control over the decision to attend therapy or that they are being scapegoated for family problems. As a result, even the most seasoned clinicians may experience challenges and frustration trying to engage them. You will learn tips, tricks, and techniques to engage children, adolescents, and parents in therapy and maximize potential for change.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the factors underlying therapeutic resistance
- Implement creative interventions to facilitate rapport-building with children of all ages
- Utilize innovative strategies to engage resistant, hard to serve parents
For more information or to register, please visit https://www.safeguards-training.net/Courses/Detail.aspx?id=216.
- Group Discount: 20% off groups of 4 or more from one agency.
- Visit the event page on SafeGuards website for more info.