Deadline March 21, 2018
File Number: 6004-8-05
Competition: # PET-18-014
Open to: This Category II position is open to all interested parties.
Permanent Full Time Position
Who We Are:
Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS) is committed to enhancing the morale and welfare of the military community, ultimately contributing to the operational readiness and effectiveness of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). We pride ourselves on being part of the Defence Team. For more information on who we are, please visit us at http://www.cfmws.com.
Under the direction of the Manager, Health Promotion, the Health Promotion Specialist plans, organizes and implements the local delivery of Base/Wing/Unit (B/W/U) Health Promotion programs and campaigns. She/he acts as a technical resource for HP activities/needs/committees on the B/W/U. She/he ensures quality in program delivery through established methods and procedures in communications and group process techniques. She/he promotes awareness of the contribution health promotion makes in achieving overall operational goals.
She/he liaises with various health professionals within the community and integrates to support B/W/U program delivery, integrates HP programs with other health services and other facets of CAF activities. She/he conducts briefings for health providers, officers, military population, etc., and network with various groups or organizations within the CAF community. She/he provides and disseminates information on HP concepts and programs through use of mass multi-media strategies, group processes, and social marketing and public speaking skills. She/he coordinates HP efforts by establishing and maintaining liaisons, including sharing of information among B/W/U stakeholders, such as health service personnel, Base Addiction Counsellors (BAC), Foods Svcs O, social workers, MFRC, Quality of Life (QoL), Personnel Support Officer (PSO), and padres.
Masters degree in Health Promotion, Nursing, Mental Health/Social Work, Nutrition, Human Kinetics or a related field AND some years of experience in the delivery of community health or health promotion and prevention programs
Bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion, Nursing, Mental Health/Social Work, Nutrition, Human Kinetics or a related field AND several years of experience in community health or health promotion and prevention programs
Language requirement: English Essential, Bilingual an asset
French Language Proficiency (Bilingual an asset)
Reading Comprehension 2
Written expression 2
Oral interaction 3
Level: N/A(No proficiency), 1(Basic), 2(Functional), 3(Advanced), 4(Professional)
- In managing and organizing the operations and delivery of health promotion programs
- In group facilitation and team-building with adults
- In establishing, sustaining and fostering a network of professional contacts
- In preparing and delivering multi-media social marketing campaigns
- In collecting, analyzing and reporting data electronically
- In the delivery of adult based learning and facilitation of workshops
- In report writing
- In project management
- In advising, developing, applying and maintaining policies, procedures, and regulations
- In using software for multi-media communication and shared web interfaces
Dedicated programs including new employee orientation program and on-the-job training. Competitive Benefits including:
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan & Savings plans (TFSA, RRSPs)
- Educational Assistance
- Facilities on base available to employees (i.e. Fitness facility, Swimming pool, etc)
- Paid vacation
- A comprehensive benefit plan (health, dental, vision, group life insurance, sick leave, long-term disability insurance (LTD), accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Shop at CANEX – option for “no interest” credit plan
Salary: $57,750 - $67,980 per annum
- Relocation benefits will not be provided
- Reliability Status
NPF employees must demonstrate the following shared competencies: client service, organizational knowledge, communication, innovation, teamwork and leadership.
Employment Equity: NPF is strongly committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. Therefore, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily self-identify on their application if they are members of a designated group (i.e. a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a visible minority).
Start Date: as soon as possible
Posting Date: 12 March 2018
Application Deadline: 23:59 hrs Pacific Time on 21 March 2018
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.