Deadline April 6, 2018
Health Promotion Division Competition #0004-18 – Public Health Nurse
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit has an opening for a temporary (1.0 FTE) Public Health Nurse, for a period not to exceed 9.6 months, in its Health Promotion Division based in the Lindsay office.
As a member of the Health Promotion Division, the Public Health Nurse is accountable to Health Promotion Management for the implementation of the assigned Requirements of the Healthy Growth and Development Program Standards of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) 2017 and relevant protocols. The Public Health Nurse many also be accountable to implement the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Program in accordance with the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Protocol 2018 and other duties as assigned by Health Promotion Management.
The Public Health Nurse assigned to the Healthy Families Department uses a comprehensive health promotion approach to reduce health inequities of families and children. By adopting the public health core competencies and using knowledge of the social determinants of health, population health, evidence-based practice, the public health nurse works to achieve optimal preconception, pregnancy, newborn, child, youth, parental and family health.
The Public Health Nurse is expected to work independently and as part of an interprofessional team to deliver public health programming. The Public Health Nurse fosters collaborative relationships with community partners, children, youth, and parents to plan, implement and evaluate healthy growth and development programs.
All Registered Nurses employed by HKPRDHU are required to maintain competency in immunization and participate in clinics as required.
Public Health Nurses work within their scope of practice, recognizing their limits of practice and consulting appropriately.
This position involves travel and variations of the working day. Click http://www.hkpr.on.ca/Portals/0/PDF%20Files/PDF%20Files%20-%20Admin/PD-H... for full details about the position.
The successful candidate will have:
- Requirements for employment as a Public Health Nurse as per Regulation 566 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act
- University degree in Nursing
- Community/public health and/or health promotion experience is preferred
- Proof of current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Proficiency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role of Public Health, Front Line Provider as defined by the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/public-health-practice/s...)
- Working knowledge of the OPHS
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Proof of immunizations required by HKPRDHU
- Satisfactory completion of probationary period (3 months)
- Current CPR and First Aid (HCP level) or willingness to be certified at this level within two months of hire
Salary Range: $75,277.00 - $82,663.00 (ONA Scale 2018)
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: TBD
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support the participation of persons with disabilities in the recruitment process. All recruitment documents are available in alternative format, upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letterby 4:30 pm on Friday, April 6, 2018.
Manager, Corporate Services; Human Resource and Financial Services Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
200 Rose Glen Road Port Hope ON L1A 3V6 Tel: 1-866-888-4577
E-mail: [email protected]
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.